Thursday, July 7, 2011

Let Go and Let God



I have certain gospel songs I listen to when I am in certain moods or when I just want to praise God.  When I am really struggling, particularly with matters with my children, I often listen to Let Go by Dwayne Woods.

So often, when I am going through something, I have found myself worrying about how "the story will end."  My mind can really do a job on me.  I can imagine the worst possible outcome, but I don't know how the story will end.  When I faced that fact and finally let go and let God have his way, I found peace and God has worked some things out.  There are still unresolved issues, but I am trusting and believing that GOD IS WORKING IT OUT.

But those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31 (NRSV)

What songs encourage you when you are struggling?