Sunday, October 23, 2011

Jesus Is The Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me!!!!



As I was going to church today on public transportation, the song "Jesus Is the Best Thing" came to my mind and I sang it to myself all the way to church.  As I walked to the church, I felt his power.  I walked taller and straighter.  I am the head and not the tail!  When I walked into the sanctuary, the first song the Praise and Worship team sang was this song.  Awesome!  All I could say was "Thank you, Jesus!"  The song turned out  to be the theme of the day.  Our pastor Rev. Robert L. Johnson preached (and I do mean he preached!!!) at the Ushers' Day at First Baptist Church in Glassboro, NJ, this evening.  Well, this was the song that was sung during the invitation to discipleship.  The spirit was moving in that church!

Jesus is the best thing that ever happened in my life.  Without Jesus, I don't know where I would be right now.  No, my life is not perfect.  I have concerns about my children, which includes my daughter-in-law, and the mother of my grandson, my grandson, and his sister.  I also have concerns about work and finances. But I have handed that to God.  I know God is working it all out and is guiding me.

I've made some mistakes.  There has been pain and grief along the way, but I'm still here!  It has been my faith that has brought me thus far.  God is sustaining me.  JESUS IS THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME!!!